Questions? email email@example.com.
We're looking for a team member who is passionate about providing great customer service related to shipping and receiving of packages and materials and will provide an organized and safe warehouse environment.
- Prepare and oversee outgoing and incoming shipments and all details for postal or commercial transportation
- Receive, unload incoming materials and process return shipments if needed
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items
- Trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents
- Help maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment as well as operating company vehicle to deliver shipments when needed
- Help secure warehouse and set alarms
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, control standards
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures
- Basic understanding and use of computers and software applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM