You were made to become like Christ
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you...
For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Sanctification: Gradual Surrender
You're not going to become like Jesus by trying to become like Jesus.
You will become like Jesus when He becomes the loudest voice in your life.
- Naturalists: Loving God Outdoors
- Sensates: Loving God with the Senses
- Traditionalists: Loving God through Ritual & Symbol
- Ascetics: Loving God in Solitude & Simplicity
- Activists: Loving God through Confrontation
- Caregivers: Loving God by Serving Others
- Enthusiasts: Loving God with Mystery & Celebration
- Contemplatives: Loving God through Adoration
- Intellectuals: Loving God with the Mind
Are you giving God space to speak to you?
Read for relationship not self-improvement
Embrace the season you're in
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.